Tuesday, June 14, 2011

When in Copenhagen, go to Statens Museum for Kunst

Hello world!

Well, first of all, I have to admit that I am slightly biased. However, I really do think you should go to Statens Museum for Kunst (National Gallery) because... why not? It's free. It's a pretty building. It's nice to look at art. And did I mention that it's free? You can't really go wrong then, can you?

Right now there's an exhibition with wood cuts (?). Some of them are old as hell and sooo detailed and pretty, and some are new and (if you ask me) not quite as nice. but that's a matter of taste.
And they just redid the collection of Danish art. You might not consider what a difference it makes, but the people who made the decicions on where to place what really knew what they were doing. You just WANT to walk around and look at the paintings, because somebody painted the walls the perfect grey color and... well... go see for yourself.

Oh! On the subject of museums; I went to Louisiana to see Me draw on iPads (iPad paintings by David Hockney), and boy was I disapointed. Yes yes yes, the idea of art changeing and not being as static and trying out new possibilities is all very interesting, but when that's said, I really didn't like the "paintings". They were just sort of blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment