Sunday, June 6, 2010

When in Copenhagen, find the Distortion party!

I'm on the train back from Copenhagen (where I'll soon be living, yay!) and I just thought I would share with you a little info about us Danes: We have nice homes. And why do you need to know this, you wonder? Because. Contrary to people in for example Southern Europe (who have, generally, no clue about how to pick out nice furniture - sorry!) we spend A LOT of our lives indoor. This has undoubtedly something to do with the fact that it's raining like 80% of the time. But when it's not raining we get excited and run outside and get a sunburn and skin cancer and destroy our livers by consuming large amounts of alcohol.
There are, however, times when it seems to be more important that the sun is shining. Like in the time of a music festival.
We have quite a few. The most famous one being Roskilde. SPOT might be my favourite. And a couple of days ago I experienced Distortion for the very first time. Well, I didn't go to the actual festival since I'm not that into electronic music. But when people have told me that Copenhagen turns into a big outdoor party venue, they really didn't lie. I'm not going to pretend that it was the best party of my life, but I really found it fascinating to see all these people dancing around in the streets.
That is basically what summer nights would be more like if I were in charge :)

Right now I can't tell when Distortion is going down next year and where the streets parties are going to be, but IF I'm still blogging in a year's time, I'll try to do a post about it.
I really love big cities in the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment