Tuesday, May 4, 2010

When in Sweden, buy Swedish brands

When you say Sweden you say H&M, IKEA, and ABBA. But let's be honest, you could buy that cute little dress from H&M at home, your coffee table is from IKEA and you have en iTunes playlist called "favourite music for ugly dancing" with your favourite ABBA songs.
I always go to H&M anyways, I just can't help myself, but I don't think it's necessary to check out all 34 of them if you're in Stockholm. Maybe you would be better off paying a visit to

Cheap Monday
They make all kinds of garments, but are mainly known for their super affordable jeans. I know there's a store in Södermalm in Stockholm, on the main shopping street in that area, but I can't find the address. However, I know it's pretty close to

Monki
Female clothing and accessories chain store. The quality is so and so, but every now and then you can find some goodies. Most of their things are quite cheap and the stores are always decorated with cute black and white drawings and neon lights. For addresses see http://monkiworld.com/international/#/stores

There are plenty of small (and expensive) boutiques, Swedes have a way of making cute but practical clothes, often with a twist of melancholy.

I'm sure I've forgotten something, but hey, then I'll just make another shopping guide!

No comments:

Post a Comment